PRESENTATION OF A CHECKLIST TEMPLATE FOR DATA COLLECTION IN FORENSIC AUTOPSIES
Murilo Sérgio Valente-Aguiar (1)
(1) Instituto Médico Legal, Porto Velho/RO, Brasil.
One of the duties of the Medical Expert Official Examiner is to perform forensic autopsies in several cases of violent death. The objective of this work is to present a basic and practical form template to facilitate the collection of data during these autopsies, in order to facilitate the preparation of the final report and the standardization of the Tanatoscopic Reports in the Department of Legal Medicine of the State of Rondônia, Brazil. This form may be supplemented, with two other forms, when the cause of death is determined by mechanical perforation, caused by firearm projectiles (PAF), or asphyxiation. The next step of this project will be to develop applications for IOS® and Android® systems that enable the use of forms on smartphones and tablets, eliminating the need for paper printing, reducing Department costs and contributing to environmental conservation.
Keywords: autopsy checklist, forensic autopsy, forms, violent death.
Please click here for the full article in portuguese.
- França GV. Medicina Legal. 10ª ed. Brasil: Guanabara Koogan; 2015.
- Croce D, Junior DC. Manual de Medicina Legal. 8ª ed. São Paulo, Brasil: Saraiva; 2012.
- Hercules HC. Medicina Legal - Atlas e Texto. São Paulo, Brasil: Editora Atheneu; 2008.
- Sheaff MT, Hopster DJ. Post Mortem Technique Handbook. 2nd Edition ed. London, UK: Springer; 2005.